- Name: HTA-related capacity building in the African region and Alignment of developing country-focus activities on HTA within IFMBE (and IUPESM).
- Duration: 36 Months
- Fostering HTA-related communication, information and capacity building in Africa in collaboration with WHO, the Southern African Health Technology Assessment Society (SAHTAS) and other organizations proactively involved in capacity building in low-income countries
- Scale this experience to other low-income countries
- Elicit specific needs low- and middle-income countries for health technology R&D, assessment and management.
- Align activities regarding the whole health technology life cycle from R&D (BME) through innovation to assessment (HTAD), implementation and utilisation/management (CED) with an additional focus on developing countries (WGDC).
- Benefit to Federation:
- Increase/maintaining IFMBE leadership and Divisions strength in these field (Goal 1)
- Maintain and reinforce the IFMBE leadership in creating and disseminating new BME knowledge, also HTA related (Goal 2)
- Advance collaborations between IFMBE and national and transnational societies, industry, government and non-governmental organizations engaged in health care and in biomedical research and its applications (Goal 4)
- Maintaining/increasing IFMBE leadership in recommending policies and providing guidelines in appropriate professional, educational and ethical areas (goal 5)
Team: Mladen Poluta, Oriana Ciani, Leandro Pecchia
For information about the project write here